Veterans Administration Medical Center
Replacement of Main Steam Line Distribution, (Design-Build)
- The JD Bravo Company is currently serving as Design-Build contractor for this critical systems project for the VAMC-Philadelphia. The Bravo Team was selected by virtue of its efforts to develop a competitive best-value proposal to design and construct a new precast tunnel to house new main steam, condensate and return lines connecting the Boiler House and the Main Hospital Building.
- The project is logistically challenging requiring careful routing and coordination across a dense infrastructure-filled site.
- The Steam Distribution is a “Mission-Critical” feature of this facility as virtually every operating system is steam-based.
- The HF Lenz Company of Johnstown, PA is serving as principal full-service engineer for this complicated project providing, site, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical expertise.
- The JD Bravo Company is fully responsible for the completion of this work which could be described as “Turnkey”
Project is currently complete subject to final operational testing.
- The value of this specialized project is $2 million.