The Navy Yard – Philadelphia
- The JD Bravo Company has been retained to provide a wide range of Owner Representation and Extension-of-Staff services to the Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation, (PIDC), which is responsible to direct and oversee the redevelopment of the now-closed Philadelphia Naval Shipyard.
- The City of Philadelphia through PIDC has undertaken to create The Navy Yard as a dynamic mixed-use urban redevelopment. The Navy Yard currently consists of 6.5 million square feet of mixed-use space housing 130 companies and their 10,000 employees. Major firms calling The Navy yard home include GlaxoSmithKline, Tastykake and the Aker Philadelphia Shipyard.
- PIDC has undertaken to reconstruct a portion of the Quay Walls surrounding the ship basin which requires that the underground utilities, including independent electrical grid, along South Broad Street, be relocated to provide proper clearances to access the Quay for reconstruction.
- JD Bravo is providing PIDC with the managerial expertise to administer this project. Key duties include oversight and administration of the contract for construction, coordination among the Engineer, Owner, Contractor and Utilities, the conduct of regular progress meetings and monitoring/reporting related to project schedule, conformance to specifications and financial administration.
- This specialized consulting assignment was completed in early 2014.