Joseph F. Weis Jr Us Courthouse Pittsburgh, PA Chiller Replacement
JOSEPH F. WEIS JR., US COURTHOUSE – PITTSBURGH, PA
- The JD Bravo Company (Bravo) was selected by GSA Region 3 to complete the design and construction required to replace a failed 780-ton centrifugal chiller.
- Bravo assembled a team that included the HF Lenz Company of Johnstown, PA as MEP Engineer and Wayne Crouse, Inc. as MEP Contractor.
Notable features of this project include:
- Challenging logistics as the chiller plant is located 28 feet below street level without elevator or vehicle ramp access.
- All materials and equipment were delivered in component pieces and winched through overhead hatchways below to the mechanical room.
- All work occurred while the courthouse was occupied.
- Project completed approximately one month ahead of schedule