Herman T. Schneebeli Federal Building – Fire Alarm And Fire Sprinkler Redesign
US GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
HERMAN T. SCHNEEBELI FEDERAL BUILDING AND US COURTHOUSE – WILLIAMSPORT, PA
FIRE ALARM AND FIRE SPRINKLER REDESIGN
- The JD Bravo Company (Bravo) was selected by the GSA Region 3 to complete the installation of a new fire sprinkler and fire alarm system along with corrective fire-stopping work at the existing four-story Schneebeli Federal Courthouse building.
- The Bravo Construction Team completed an extensive survey of the existing building and interstitial spaces to provide the design of the sprinkler system and fire alarm system compatible with existing conditions. The Team included independent engineering support to supplement the services of the GSA’s EOR and to provide independent expertise in the resolution of issues caused by concealed conditions.
Notable features of this project include:
- Work was completed while ongoing Justice, Social Security, FBI, Federal Marshal, and other Federal tenant operations continued in the building.
- Throughout construction, Bravo provided a number of engineered, alternative designs to resolve fire-stopping issues encountered to assure compliance with code and NFPA standards.
- Bravo provided constant coordination and communication with tenants as work progressed throughout the building to supplement the efforts of the Building Manager.
- The project is scheduled for on-time completion of February 2022.
- The project is anticipated to be completed within its $2.575 million contract price.