Herman T. Schneebeli Federal building and US Courthouse – Williamsport, PA
US GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
COOLING TOWER AND CHILLER REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
- The JD Bravo Company (Bravo) was selected by the GSA Region 3 to complete a bid-build replacement and system upgrade of the existing chiller water plant with new chillers, new pumps, remote chiller water barrels, and suction accumulators
- Work also included new structural support of penthouse roof and floor for new equipment, total replacement of penthouse roof, and installation of new roof fall protection system.
- Urban location and limited space within the penthouse created logistical challenges in equipment placement and redesign spearheaded by JDBC for location support and stacking of major equipment.
- All work is completed without interruption to ongoing operations.
Notable features of this project include:
- Limited crane access and location for hoisting.
- Placement of exterior lift for leading manpower and materials.
- Project completed in April 2020.
- Project completed within a $1.9 million budget.