Haverford Township Community Recreation and Environmental Center
Haverford Township, PA
- LEED Gold Certified
- Owner Representation and Agency Construction Management services were provided to Haverford Township to construct a 35,000 square foot Community Recreation and Environmental Center located on a portion of the site occupied by the former Haverford State Hospital. Construction was completed between October 2010 and June 2012 on schedule and within budget parameters.
- The new CREC consists of a structural steel frame on a concrete foundation with an elevated concrete on the metal deck upper level. The exterior incorporates the use of structural insulated panels.
- The building houses a soaring two-story atrium, a gymnasium with two regulation basketball courts, an elevated track and a variety of aerobic, fitness, community and special purpose rooms including laboratories, classrooms, and multi-media facilities.
- The building incorporates the latest geothermal technologies to both heats and cools the facility.
- Project Cost: $8.5 million